Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No One is Like Our God.

It is incredible that the God we serve is not a God who stands at a distance. He is not a God who watches from afar and stays uninvolved in the lives of His people. He is not a God who says "fend for yourself" or "I gave you the tools; go do it already."

He is a God who sustains. "Man cannot live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord." He is a God that brings rest. "He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul." He is a God that takes life on for us. "He who knew no sin became sin for us."

We are so affected by the circumstances of our world. His love for us, however, is unaffected by anything. Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus.

So I breathe the Spirit in and out and give thanks for being sustained.

That is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelly, I love reading your blog. Praise and thanks to God for him being who he is...and for, like you said, being unaffected by anything of this world...definitely something I need to be reminded of a lot--that nothing can separate me from him. ~ thanks for the reminder.