Monday, July 19, 2010

It's been 4 years. Glad you're home.

I can't believe it's already been 4 years. Four years ago today, my good friend, Nathan, went home to be with Jesus. Every summer without fail, it's like I relive the event, but each time it gets a bit easier. It's still hard to miss a friend and to live with not understanding what God is doing through all of that, but t gets easier to rejoice that my dear friend is home.

Here is an article where his pastor told of what a great man of God he was just after his accident.

My favorite part is the last quote by Rev. Finley.

"There'll be a lot of questions over the next couple days of why, why. But we believe in the sovereignty of God. Nathan's in a better place now."

We do, indeed, believe in a God that is sovereign and sometimes that's all there is to cling to. Psalm 119:49-50 says this: "Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." God is a life giving God and the truth is that Nathan is more alive now than any of us still facing death and decay here on earth. He is home.

Below is a video of a song that I heard just after the accident happen as I was driving to work. It gave me huge peace then and still does. I imagined Nathan walking into Jesus' living room where he was welcomed in and given a seat on the couch and cold Dr. Pepper; sitting and chatting with the Savior. I still smile as I think about that. As my friend's dad said, "He skateboarding with Jesus, now kids." So glad you're home, Nate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shel, you and Nathan, and Nathan's family and friends are in my prayers today.