Wednesday, November 19, 2008

tired...but more to say than I thought...

I’m really tired.

But a good tired. A tired like I’ve been doing things that are productive all day.

Work has been kind of all over the place lately. I’m pretty busy around church and there’s some stress that’s on me just because there’s a lot to do and think about. But it’s good.

I feel kinda silly because I feel like I should update my blog, but really, there’s not a whole lot of exciting things to share. I’m going home for Thanksgiving next week, so that’s exciting. I also am going to the Women of Faith conference this weekend and I’m pretty jazzed about that. I’ve heard so many great things about it and Nicole C. Mullen is going to be there. :)

I’ve been having some financial stress lately…I know lots of people have, so I’m trying to just suck it up, but still. Being an adult is a lot more difficult in that area than I thought. I hate being so responsible for paying bills, balancing a budget, etc, etc. Not my fav.

I really need to make some friends here. I’ve spent several evenings in a row at home by myself and it’s starting to wear on me. Either I’m here by myself or I’m with little kids. Tonight was nice though..we went out for Tammy’s birthday, so it was cool to hang out with the people from the office outside of the office.

I’m excited to head home and reconnect with some people there.

I’ve had a weird realization this past week. I’m virtually alone and independent. In all reality, I could do whatever I want with my life. There’s nothing stopping me from moving to another country, or starting a band, or working at Starbucks. There’s not really any limitations on what is to come after college. And as of right now, I only have to worry about taking care of me, which makes my life quite flexible and open to options and opportunities. We’ll see what God brings my way. I really have no idea.

In other news….I’ve wanted to free write, write poetry, and especially write songs lately….but there’s nothing there. I don’t really ever remember having such a block. Sigh. I hope it goes away. I want to be creative over Thanksgiving break. I think I’m going to take my guitar home, even if it costs a little extra.

I’m really actually quite happy right now. I’ve been asking God for His joy lately and it is becoming my strength. I’m tried of just being stressed and complaining about what I have to do. He is my joy. This comes to a bit of a surprise to me at the moment because I’m really lonesome for my friends, but God is sustaining me.

I heard a message on K-Love tonight on the way home about God’s timing. Boy, I’m trying to be patient and open to what He has going on. I’m having a hard time not being in control, but God is faithful.

1 comment:

Adam Koglin and Anna Koglin said...

I'm so glad you get to go home for Thanksgiving!!!! God's blessings on your travels and each day :)