Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Always Faithful to the Unfaithful

Today has been kind of a tough day and needless to say, I'm not in the best of moods. I find that my moods can change so quickly. One thing can happen or be said and my mood is just ruined for the day. Something small can annoy me and that is what consumes my mind for the next few hours at least.

One of the main points of the youth group Bible study that we had on Sunday was faith. We talked about how sometimes our moods change, our perceptions of who God is change, and our trust in God may increase or decrease. The thing is that no matter what, God doesn't change. He is still faithful. That is one thing that we can always have faith in; that God is faithful to us. We run, but He always chases us.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

This is one of my favorite verses. God promises our love, forgiveness, and salvation that was brought to fruition through Jesus' death and resurrection. Another great promise that He makes us is to "work for the good of those who love Him." He also promises to never leave or forsake us. What a great God we have!

I often think about every time that I pass up an opportunity to pray or read Scripture. I picture God just patiently waiting until I do talk to Him for awhile. Sometimes I apologize for how long it takes me to chat with Him. It's just like a relationship we might have with friends. How often do we schedule a coffee date and cancel with Him? I know I walk right past Him all of the time without saying "hello" because I'm having a bad day. But He still won't go away. Praise Him for that.

No comments: