Thursday, February 12, 2009

ramblings of a tired girl

I'm tired.

This is going to be a full, but fun weekend, I think. I just need to keep thinking of it that way and not get tired or overwhelmed.

We have a big youth fundraiser going on that is requiring lots of work and coordination. It's going to be pretty cool too. :)

I'll be honest, though. I'm looking forward to Monday when I can sleep in and take my Sabbath/day off. It's exciting. :)

I don't really have much to say, but I realized that I hadn't posted in awhile. I guess I've been so busy and such that I haven't really been that reflective and therefore haven't had much to blog about.

I've been thinking about my "call" a lot lately. (I usually put that word in quotations...I think it's because I can't really wrap my head around it and people throw it around so loosely in Christian circles.)

First of all, I don't know what my call is. Secondly, there's a lot of things I could justify feeling "called" toward. Third, I don't know how to know. Haha. I mean, I like the "delicious ambiguity" of life. I've always been one to find excitement in the unknown. I know God will work it out, but I would still like some clarity. A hint, please?

That and I have a challenge to meet my neighbors within this next week. If I don't, Pastor David gets to pick a community class for me to take...soooo....I'm going to try to meet this goal. I'm thinking of baking something (gasp) and giving it to them. Hmm...we shall see. I technically did introduce myself to one of the people a couple of days ago, but I only spoke with him briefly and already forgot his name. I guess that doesn't really count. :S I want to have more friends though, so I pray that God helps me to get motivated/presents some opportunities for me to meet them and blesses those relationships.

I really don't have anything else worthy of being said. I'm a tired girl.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Shelly, meeting your neighbors or taking a community class would be awesome! Make friends, cuz you´re good at it, and you should be less lonely down there. Plus, I´m sure there are tons of people your age down there who would love to meet Ms. Schwalm. :) Have you ever tried to meet people or hang out with people through the Camber services?

Shelly said...

Yeah...but I rarely see the same people at Camber. I have met a couple though. I know it's good to meet people/make friends..but it's a lot of effort to put in for 5 months of friendship. Sad, but true. But at least the people that live below me are going to hear from me soon. We'll see. I know PDB is going to make me take a cooking class if I don't... ;)

MJ said...

Haha, well, there would be double benefits in that class, yes? 1) potential friends, and 2)having PDB, bri, and other chefs cease making fun of you. ;) You can just tell them to eat it! (It being the delicious concoctions you have cooked up post-cooking class. ;D)

Shelly said...

yeah...except for I don't really care. I could cook if I wanted to. I just don't want to.