Monday, February 2, 2009

I can feel it coming back again...

I've been in a bit of a funk lately.

I know part of it is coming off of the high of intern retreat and seeing everyone at school and everything. Part of me has a renewed sense of purpose and enthusiasm for ministry and my job. The other side of me is really in a state of withdrawal.

I just feel exhausted. It's really turned me back to God's Word which I totally denied while I was in Minnesota (what's up with that?!?). I haven't been able to sleep and I just feel heavy about a lot of different things. Some are good things that I am reflecting upon and sorting through. Other things are just really weighing on me. I laid in my bed for about 4hrs on Saturday night and I was just overwhelming myself with thoughts and so I began to pray. I prayed for hours. About everything...just dumping it all out. Some things I prayed about over and over until eventually God just rocked me to sleep. I don't know what's up with this. I don't really feel stressed...just heavy.

Wow. Satan has been twisting things and weighing on me and I have been blind to it. Anyway...I'm not a stranger to that. He attacks especially when we are feeling vulnerable. This sense of lethargy is surrounding me. I think some of that comes from the realization of how much I really do miss my friends and also all of this thought about discerning my call and area of ministry. I have no idea what the future holds and because it's difficult right now for me to hone in on something, my focus is spread all over and I'm exhausted in exploration and thought.

I feel like my brain just exploded onto the blog. Eww...brain guts.

God is peace. God is peace. God is peace.

Psalm 16:7-11

This passage is getting me through.

No comments: